Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Rib-Eye with Whiskey Cream Sauce

I have loved every recipe from The Pioneer Woman. Yesterday was my husband's birthday, so I decided to give this recipe a try. I made some modifications but it turned out great!!

Rib-Eye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce
5 tbsp butter
3 tbsp diced onion
1/4 cup whiskey (I substituted a dry white wine)
1/4 cup beef stock
salt and pepper
1/4 cream
2 rib eye steaks
**I also added some chopped up mushrooms when I added the onion**
Melt 2 tbsp butter. Add onion (and mushrooms) and cook until brown. Turn off burner and add whiskey (or wine) Turn burner back on and add beef stock and salt and pepper. Whisk in 1 tbsp butter and allow to bubble for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low and whisk in cream. I then covered while I cooked the steaks.
Melt 2 tbsp butter in large skillet. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to hot skillet. Pioneer Woman recommends 2 minutes on each side for a thin steak to be cooked medium rare. A thicker steak will be 3-4 minutes. After the steak is done, cover with the sauce and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails